At: Yale School of Management
Location: New Haven, CT
Position: Assistant Professor of Marketing (Quantitative)
The Yale School of Management seeks applicants in the field of quantitative marketing for a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor.
Applicants must have a Ph.D. or equivalent degree (or will earn the degree within one semester from the start of the appointment) in Quantitative Marketing or a related field such as Economics, Computer Science or Statistics. We are seeking applications from graduating students, post-docs and others who show exceptional promise.
Relevant areas of interest for candidates from non-marketing backgrounds include the following:
- Economics: Industrial Organization and Development
- Computer Science: Big Data, Machine Learning including Deep Learning, Unstructured Data involving text, images, video and other media
- Statistics: High-dimensional Statistics, Statistical Machine Learning
For those outside of marketing, relevant substantive areas include (but are not restricted to) advertising, recommendation systems, user behavior in online environments. The quality of research and the potential of the candidate to do marketing-relevant research is more important than an exact match with the above-mentioned topics.
The selected candidate will be expected to conduct high-quality research, representing early demonstration of intellectual leadership, in their area of study. The hired candidate will also be responsible for teaching graduate- and/or PhD-level courses and advising and mentoring students.
This is a full-time, tenure-track position located at the Yale School of Management in New Haven, Connecticut. Appointments will be made for the 2019-2020 fiscal year, beginning July 1, 2019. The initial term is typically three years.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, writing sample, research statement (optional) and contact information for at least two letters of reference. Request for references will be immediately sent via e-mail request.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position has been filled.
- For applicants attending the 2018 AMA Summer Academic Conference in August, please submit a complete application no later than July 1, 2018 in order to be considered for an interview at the conference. Mention in your cover letter that you will be attending AMA.
- For all other candidates, it is recommended that you submit your completed applications no later than December 1, 2018.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Yale University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Yale values diversity among its students, staff, and faculty and strongly welcomes applications from women, persons with disabilities, protected veterans, and underrepresented minorities.