Location: Bentonville, AR
Position: Data Scientist
What you'll do
Walmart Labs is seeking outstanding technologists for our Walmart Labs Retail Data Science team.
The mission of the Retail Data Science team:
“WE ENGINEER SYSTEMS OF INTELLIGENCE AND ACTION TO AUTOMATE RETAIL DECISIONS AT SCALE”
The team creates value for Walmart customers through researching and building complex, cutting edge, and scalable algos, models, platforms, and technologies. Our team of high caliber engineers, scientists, mathematicians, and statisticians develop rigorous quantitative methods to build efficient and effective algorithms that optimize decisions. We employ the wealth of Walmart data to build this portfolio of AI/ML/OR models in a rapid test, learn, modify cycle. Our product teams include our business partners – directly. We see the outcomes of our work to enhance decisions every day.
We are seeking experts adept at partnering with the business, growing talented teams, and building capability development in tech. The ideal leader will combine expertise in AI/ML/OR/Open Source/Tech knowledge, hands-on experience in algorithm planning, engineering, strategic capability development in AI/ML/OR, and imparting keen understanding of revenue models and value creation.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic group of scientists developing breakthrough capabilities in retail, creating new scientific approaches, and innovating solutions using state-of-the-art technology – at Walmart scale.
- Consults with business stakeholders regarding data insights and recommendations
- Drives analytics insights across the division
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Leads medium- to large-sized analytics project teams
- Manages the continuous improvement of data science and analytics
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Bachelors degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 9 years experience in an analytics related field OR Masters degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 7 years experience in an analytics related field.
- 4 years of experience with Network Flow Optimization,
Integer Programming/Mixed Integer Programming or Non-Linear Programming 5 years of experience in Object Oriented Programming
- 2 years experience with big data analytics.
- 6 years experience with SQL and relational databases (for example, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server).
- 6 years experience with statistical programming languages (for example, SAS, R).
- Bachelor's degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics and 12 years experience in an analytics related field.
- Certificate in business analytics, data mining, or statistical analysis.
- Doctoral degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, or Mathematics and 6 years experience in an analytics related field.
- Master's degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, or Mathematics and 8 years experience in an analytics related field.