By Gregory Piatetsky, KDnuggets.
Recently rebooted GigaOm has started a new and excellent podcast Voices in AI, where host Byron Reese, @byronreese, himself a promiment author and speaker, talks with some of the leading minds in AI, Machine Learning, and Data Science.
I have only had time to listen to 2 episodes so far and both have been really excellent - I cannot recommend this podcast series highly enough.
A bunch of episodes have already been released and here are the first 6 episodes which should keep you glued to your headphones!
- Episode 1: A Conversation with Yoshua Bengio
In this episode, Byron and Yoshua talk about knowledge, unsupervised learning, how the brain learns, creativity, and machine translation.
- Episode 2: A Conversation with Oren Etzioni
In this episode, Byron and Oren talk about AGI, Aristo, the future of work, conscious machines, and Alexa.
- Episode 3: A Conversation with Mark Rolston
In this episode, Byron and Mark talk about computer versus human creativity, connectivity with digital systems, AGI, and the workforce.
- Episode 4: A Conversation with Jeff Dean In this episode, Byron and Jeff talk about AGI, machine learning, and healthcare.
- Episode 5: A Conversation with Daphne Koller In this episode, Byron and Daphne talk about consciousness, personalized medicine, and transfer learning.
- Episode 6: A conversation with Nick Bostrom In this episode Byron and Nick talk about human consciousness, superintelligence, AGI, and the future of jobs and more.