At: UnitedHealth Group
Location: Telecommute, Central or Eastern Time Zones
Position: Sr Manager, Data Science
At UnitedHealthcare we unite the brightest and most innovative minds to transform organizations and improve health care through information, technology, and innovation.
UnitedHealthcare Advanced Research and Analytics (ARA) specializes in improving the performance of the health system by providing analytics, technology, and consulting services that enable better decisions and performance. We integrate workflow solutions that deliver data in real-time, create actionable insights, and drive innovation across the healthcare industry.
What can YOU do in UnitedHealthcare to change the healthcare industry? The possibilities and the impact on the Advanced Research and Analytics team are limitless. No matter what your role is you will be empowered to ask more questions, develop better solutions and help make the health care system greater than ever. It's always fresh. It's always exciting. And it's never been more important.
What makes your Healthcare Analytics career greater with UnitedHealthcare? Advancement, access to data, ability to impact the healthcare industry, and rewards for delivering on our mission; Helping People Live Healthier Lives
The Data Science Senior Manager is responsible for managing analytical project portfolios, identifying operational improvement opportunities within UnitedHealth Group, developing and delivering analytic solutions with the utmost quality in a timely manner, and leading data science teams to deliver on transformative solutions within the enterprise. These managers are ultimately accountable for the appropriate usage of data, business intelligence, analytics and technology to contribute towards fulfilling goals such as enhancing consumer experience, optimizing operations, strengthening regulatory compliance and more.
If you are located in the Central or Eastern Time Zone, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Product ownership and management of analytic solutions for United Healthcare within the consumer experience analytics domain
- Make analytical product, service or process decisions likely to impact multiple groups of employees and/or customers (internal or external)
- Contribute to the building and management of the analytics infrastructure for the Advanced Research & Analytics (ARA) team
- Combine their technical expertise with the ability to architect, deploy, and oversee integrated analytics / business intelligence / technology solutions
- Consult with leaders of internal client teams and manage expectations, meet project and deliverable timelines, ensure accurate and timely completion of deliverables
- Collaborate with several other teams and roles across the business on requirements gathering and solution deployment
- Manage technology solutions portfolios, and identifying new technology approaches to solve business problems with a strong focus on leveraging enterprise data
- Work with Analytics Directors on staffing needs, strategic technology trend identification, monitoring project progress and completion, issue resolution and technical solutions related to data, data flow and advising on algorithm deployment
- Collaborate with analytics practitioners, business analysts and methodologists to design and oversee the development of working prototypes of technical solutions
- Facilitate the creation of complex statistical statements on healthcare data that measures various aspects of healthcare services, consumer episodes, and operational events
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Economics, Healthcare Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Biostatistics, Computer Science, Theoretical Physics, Quantitative Social Sciences, Actuarial Science or any such related fields
- 5+ years in the healthcare and/or customer service/consumer experience
- 5+ years in a technical role
- 3+ years of strategic consulting experience and/or analytic product management/ownership experience
- Hands on experience with building forecasting and capacity planning models; stochastic simulation models; operations research and optimization techniques
- Experience analyzing and coordinating financial data, generating reports, tables, listings and graphs
- Advanced visualization and story-boarding skills
- Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering data science solutions
- Demonstrated business acumen and communication skills (written & oral), critical thinking ability, strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Economics, Healthcare Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Biostatistics, Computer Science, Theoretical Physics, Quantitative Social Sciences, Actuarial Science or any such related field
- 5+ years in advanced analytics areas
- Experience with machine learning platforms
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Experience with Agile development of data science products
- Experience with statistical programming languages such as R or SAS
- Experience with Enterprise Miner or Enterprise Guide
- Experience with app development, analytical infrastructure development, and business solution consulting experience in the consumer experience, provider management, medical or pharmacy policy space, fraud-waste-abuse detection, marketing analytics and healthcare economics
- Experience with data visualization suite(s) such as Tableau; D3JS; Cognos etc
- Ability to navigate and drive results in a matrix environment
- Advanced experience with statistics - hypothesis testing; design of experiments; data mining; machine learning
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.