At: UnitedHealth Group
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Position: Sr Director, Decision Analytics
This isn't packaged goods. It's a bigger challenge than that. Here you're making a difference in people's lives, starting with your own. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
The Sr. Director, Decision Analytics will lead a team of Data Scientists and will also be required to effectively articulate results to internal stakeholders including, but not limited to, member experience, marketing, and leadership. You will need to bring passion for leading a team that predicts/identifies consumer needs/pain points and develops innovative solutions to meet/reduce them. Most importantly this Leader will need to excel at telling this story and influencing leadership to adopt new ideas, products, and/or approaches to drive value.
Please note: This is an office based position located in Minnetonka, MN. This is not a telecommute/work from home position.
- Own an end to end process
- Lead a team of Data Scientists
- Develop functional, market level, and / or site strategy, plans, production and / or organizational priorities
- Identify and resolve technical, operational and organizational problems outside own team
- Manage the process of delivering analytics and insights tied to UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual and identify project needs and opportunities
- Responsible for front end requirements gathering, answering statistical modeling questions, reporting, and providing visualizations and presentations to clients in marketing
- Provide individual contributions in rigorous statistical modeling, fast programming, and reporting
- Bachelor degree in Mathematics, Statistics or similar field
- 4+ years of experience as a database analyst specifically with large databases
- 4+ years of experience using advanced statistical tools such SAS, R, Python
- 4+ years of data analytics, predictive analytics, and / or data science
- 2+ years of experience managing an analytics team of both onshore and offshore professionals
- Proficient user skills in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Master’s Degree in mathematics, statistics, or other analytical based degree
- Experience working with Oracle and DB2
- Experience working in a Big Data environment (Hadoop, Hive)
- Business Intelligence tool implementation and management such as Tableau or Domo
- Experience working with statistics to perform analysis, data modeling, and predictive behavioral modeling
- Healthcare industry experience
- Demonstrated communication skills in connecting with internal customers across an organization
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize deliverables and disseminate complex technical specifications into visualizations understandable to nontechnical marketing business partners and customers across the organization
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to be flexible and work with change
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.sm
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.