Wrangler adoption over the past 12 months has been phenomenal,” said Adam Wilson, CEO, Trifacta. “With Wrangler Edge, we’re providing our customers using the free, single-user product with a logical upgrade path, enabling teams and departments to collaborate in preparing larger, more complex data sets. Wrangler Edge also allows us to respond to the needs of customers who want the rich set of capabilities found in our enterprise product, but may not have Hadoop, or an enterprise data lake.”
With the addition of Wrangler Edge, Trifacta complements the existing Wrangler and Wrangler Enterprise editions by offering a comprehensive set of data wrangling solutions tailored to fit the diverse scale and deployment needs of organizations.
- Wrangler: Individual users can get started quickly and prepare diverse files on their desktop for free.
- Wrangler Edge: Analyst teams can work together to wrangle hundreds of gigabytes of data from diverse sources.
- Wrangler Enterprise: Organizations can achieve unlimited scalability while centralizing the administration and governance of data, as it’s refined for use throughout the enterprise.
Regardless of edition, Trifacta’s innovative approach to data preparation is available across every environment through a consistent user experience powered by machine learning that automates many of the complex and repetitive tasks required to ensure data is fit for analysis. Trifacta’s Intelligent Execution architecture also ensures the wrangling recipes created in one edition, work across every edition. This allows organizations to start small and scale their use of Trifacta as they expand their data management practice.
Dating back to the company’s founding research between Stanford and UC Berkeley that led to the creation of the first self-service data preparation tool in DataWrangler, Trifacta has focused on providing the best data wrangling solution for customers regardless of the shape, size or location of their data. With Wrangler Edge, Trifacta more effectively addresses the common data preparation challenges teams and departments face, including wrangling diverse data sources outside of a Hadoop data lake. Wrangler Edge puts Trifacta’s intuitive data wrangling solution into the hands of analysts working on data that lives in flat files, spreadsheets, databases or various systems and do not require the resources of parallel computing platforms.
Key Features of Wrangler Edge:
- Award-Winning Data Wrangling Experience – Accelerate data preparation utilizing Trifacta’s breakthrough user experience that uniquely combines data visualization, machine learning and human-computer interaction.
- Leverage a Shared Platform – Gain seamless visibility and collaboration amongst teams using a common platform for data preparation.
- Flexible Deployment – Access a range of flexible deployment options whether in the cloud or on-premise.
- Unmatched Performance – Build and execute data wrangling recipes in record time with in-memory processing powered by Photon.
- Broad Connectivity – Connect to and publish wrangled datasets to a wide range of data formats, databases and analytics tools.
- Operationalize Wrangling Workflows – Automate wrangling operations that span multiple datasets and recipes for consistent, repeatable outputs.
- Optimized for Tableau & Qlik – Publish wrangling outputs for data visualization in best-of-breed solutions from Tableau and Qlik.
Sign up for the free insideBIGDATA newsletter.