Company: SIRIS Academic
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Position: Data Engineer
We’re looking for a talented young graduate Backend JAVA developer interested in joining our international and multidisciplinary team in Barcelona and eager to grow professionally in an innovative context. She or he will be supporting our Senior Software engineer staff in the context of the UNiCS project development (University Analytics – http://university-analytics.com/), an Open Data platform based in Semantic technologies that integrates Open Data repositories about Higher Education and Research in Europe.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Data collection from selected datasets
- Develop scripts for web scraping
- Data curation
- Loading the data into internal database
PERIOD AND SCHEDULE:
We offer a 6 months full time contract. After 6 months, an evaluation will be made with the possibility to confirm and extend the contract.
Competitive salary, dependent on candidate profile and experience.
Any potential candidate interested at the present call, please send an email with the CV in English attached to email@example.com.
SIRIS Academic (www.sirisacademic.com) is a Barcelona-based research-driven consulting firm specialised in strategy and data science in the Higher Education and Research (HE&R) sector. We have worked with over 50 leading universities, research institutions, government agencies and charities in 7 countries, amongst them Sorbonne Université, the CNRS, Università della Calabria, École Normale Supérieure, the Toscana Region or Universitat de Barcelona.
Our areas of expertise are:
- Higher education, research and innovation policy
- Change processes and organisational development
- Design of data integration, analysis and visualisation tools for decision making
- Creation of policy instruments for regional innovation and development
- Fundraising, design and development of competitive projects at an international level
SIRIS Lab, the research unit of SIRIS, leads and participates in frontier R&D projects in Data analytics and visualisation, Semantic data integration, Organisation of science and HE&R policy. SIRIS Lab has received funding from the ERC, the European Commission and the British and Spanish ministries.