Company: Polaris Alpha
Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD | Newington, VA
Position: Data Scientist
Polaris Alpha is a highly technical industry leader uniquely positioned to address customers’ most complex challenges across the full spectrum of air, land, sea, cyber and space domains.
Polaris Alpha provides cutting edge solutions development based on the latest advances in open software design and integration. The company is best known for not only understanding our customer’s needs, but also consistently exceeding their expectations. ISS develops sophisticated data visualization, event analysis, pattern detection, mission planning and mobile software using net centric and enterprise architectures. Their flagship product, WebTAS, is a suite of data visualization, trend analysis, and data integration tools made available to analysts throughout the Intelligence Community.
Join a smart, tight-knit development team within the Applied Research Department and use your creativity and expertise to implement robust, high-performance services. You will participate constructively in requirements analysis and design discussions and collaborate closely with product management, architects, front-end developers and QA.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent, with 12+ years of technical experience in software engineering and 4+ years of meaningful industry experience in Data Science. Relevant domain experience may be accepted in place of a degree.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical and machine learning methods, particularly in the areas of modeling and business analytics
- Strong programming skills (Java, Scala, Python)
- Experience with the Spring Framework (Spring Cloud, Spring Boot, Spring Data)
- Experience with the Git, Maven, Docker
- Experience with statistical languages and packages, such as Python (NumPy, SciKits), TensorFlow , and/or Spark
- Experience with distributed data processing systems like Spark and Hadoop
- Experience and/or interest in Test Driven Development (TDD) and agile methodologies
- This position requires the selected candidate to hold an active or ability to get a Department of Defense level security clearance which requires US citizenship while working in support of a government contract.
- A proven passion for generating insights from data, with a strong familiarity with the higher-level trends in data growth, open-source platforms, and public data sets.
- Experience working hands-on with large-scale data sets
Physical Demands and Working Conditions: Normal office setting, therefore the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking. Use of hands to operate computer equipment. Frequent near vision use for reading and computer use. Polaris Alpha is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information or disability status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.