Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.7, an active/active cluster solution, is freely available, open source software that combines Percona Server 5.7 and Codership Galera Replicator 3.17 to create a high-availability solution for MySQL 5.7. The latest release of Percona XtraDB Cluster offers a number of enhancements related to increased performance and data protection, improved monitoring, greater configuration flexibility and simpler installation, along with support for Percona Monitoring and Management.
Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.7 Features and Benefits
Greater Ease of Use
- Built-in Load Balancing and Traffic Management – Includes the ProxySQL load balancer, eliminating the need for an external load balancer and simplifying application deployment.
- NoSQL Support – Ensures high availability for applications with NoSQL databases.
- Simplified Packaging – One single download includes everything that Percona XtraDB Cluster needs to run.
- Percona XtraDB Cluster Strict-Mode – Prevents users from using MySQL functionality not supported by Percona XtraDB Cluster, preventing possible data corruption.
- Data at Rest Encryption – Supports at-rest encryption for physical tablespace data files.
- Increased Read and Write Scalability – Routes queries automatically and any read query can be satisfied by a single node.
- Optimized Cloud Deployments – Enhanced availability and data durability with support for Multi-AZ deployments.
- Zero Data Loss – Synchronous replication writes data to all nodes simultaneously, or not at all upon failure from a single node.
- Data Consistency – Automatic node provisioning ensures changes are synced automatically across nodes.
- Faster Response Time – Multi-Master Replication enables any node to trigger a data update.
- Improved Monitoring – Implements cluster monitoring through Performance Schema and seamlessly integrates with Percona Monitoring and Management.
Our enterprise customers rely on their databases to run their businesses,” said Peter Zaitsev, Co-founder and CEO of Percona. “This requires that their database environment remains high-performing and always available. With the Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.7 release, we continue to ensure that our customers have not just access to the latest features and fixes in MySQL 5.7, but also increased compatibility and performance, a higher level of data protection, more user control, and simpler packaging – all with free, open source software.”
Sign up for the free insideBIGDATA newsletter.