Location: Santa Clara, CA
Position: Director - Computer Vision/Deep Learning for Imaging Software
Nvidia is seeking an experienced engineering leader to direct our Deep Learning and Computer Vision efforts in Imaging software.
What You Will Be Doing:
- This challenging role will require you to align priorities across business units and industries, work with technical visionaries within the company to define and deliver a deep learning software roadmap that advances the state of the art in computational imaging, and manage and grow a talented deep learning software organization.
- Build the next generation of computational Imaging, Computer Vision, and Deep Learning Imaging technology and algorithms on the world’s fastest parallel hardware platforms.
What we need to see:
- 8+ years of experience leading multiple software engineering and algorithm teams and projects
- Experience formulating and executing on technical roadmaps and strategies.
- Strong mathematical fundamentals, including linear algebra and numerical methods.
- Proven track record of developing computer vision and advanced imaging algorithms and solutions.
- Methodical software development skills (C, C++), and experience leading teams to deliver software on time
- Masters or PhD or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Applied Math, or related field.
- Strong communication skills are required along with the ability to recruit, build and focus a dynamic product oriented team.
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Experience with data-parallel and/or accelerated computing (CUDA, OpenCL)
- You have a strong understanding and working knowledge of machine learning algorithms and software packages (Caffe, Torch, Theano, etc.)
- Experience with embedded architectures, including DSP and hardware accelerators
Academic and commercial groups around the world are powering a revolution in artificial intelligence using deep learning techniques running on NVIDIA GPUs, enabling breakthroughs in problems from image classification to speech recognition to natural language processing.
Intelligent machines powered by AI computers that can learn, reason and interact with people are no longer science fiction. Today, a self-driving car powered by AI can meander through a country road at night and find its way. An AI-powered robot can learn motor skills through trial and error. This is truly an extraordinary time. The era of AI has begun.
NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world’s most desirable employers. We have some of the most brilliant and talented people in the world working for us. If you're creative, love leading teams and shipping product and have a passion for AI, machine learning and imaging, we want to hear from you.
To view the full details of this requisition and apply online, click here.