By Gregory Piatetsky, KDnuggets.KDnuggets aims to bring to our 350,000 monthly readers the most interesting and relevant stories from the world of Big Data and Data Science. We usually publish about 100 stories a month (in August 2016 it was 122) and writing a very popular blog which beats such competition is non-trivial.
You can see the most popular posts weekly and monthly at www.kdnuggets.com/news/top-stories.html.
We want to recognize our best guest bloggers and have created badges
- KDnuggets Gold Blogger badge, to be awarded to bloggers who have the most popular (by views) or most shared blog, weekly or monthly. These awards are given only to guest bloggers, and not to KDnuggets writers or for paid posts.
- KDnuggets Silver Blogger badge, to be awarded to bloggers who have the 2nd most popular (by views) or 2nd most shared blog weekly, or 2nd, 3rd, or 4th place in monthly top stories.
Note: if a blog was among the winners for multiple weeks, we only mention the first time it won the award.
Here are the winners:
For the week of Aug 1-7, 2016:
- Gold Blogger Award: Zygmunt Zajac, for Bayesian Machine Learning, Explained, Most Popular
- Gold Blogger Award: Brandon Rohrer, for Data Science for Beginners: Fantastic Introductory Video Series from Microsoft, Most Shared (while this post was written by KDnuggets, it was a summary of Brandon video, so Brandon still deserves the award).
- Silver Blogger Award: Sergey Feldman, for What Statistics Topics are Needed for Excelling at Data Science?, 2nd most shared
- Gold Blogger Award: Jose Portilla, for A Beginner's Guide to Neural Networks with R!, Most Shared.
- Gold Blogger Award: James Le, for The 10 Algorithms Machine Learning Engineers Need to Know - Most Popular and Most Shared
- Silver Blogger Award: Chris Pehura, Does Data Scientist Mean What You Think It Means?, 2nd Most Shared
- Gold Blogger Award: Ajit Jaokar, for How to Become a (Type A) Data Scientist, Most Shared
- Silver Blogger Award: Alec Smith, for How to Become a Data Scientist Part 1, 2nd Most Popular and 2nd Most Shared
- Gold Blogger Award: James Le, for The 10 Algorithms Machine Learning Engineers Need to Know - Most Viewed and Most Shared