Location: Hamburg, Germany
Our mission is to create an exceptional user experience by matching our knowledge of customer needs with the latest technology in order to create a professional online representation of their brand and to guide our customers to success. On a worldwide scale, the opportunity for providing do-it-yourself websites is tremendous and Jimdo seeks to be the number one provider. Users from all over the world have already created more than 20 million websites using Jimdo - and we're happy to see the numbers growing continuously!
We are a motivated team full of smart people. Everyone of us is an expert in what we do, and together we try to achieve the best possible results. Working in a young product company within a rapidly changing market comes with a lot of opportunities and many possibilities to contribute to our users' success. To learn more about our story visit our website.
We are seeking a team lead who will help us shape a technological vision for our data department and passionately manage a great and diverse team of very skilled engineers, scientist and analysts.
You have the option to start immediately in our Hamburg office. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Shaping and executing a technological vision for the department
- Ensure the practical development and growth of your direct reports on the team
- Create and adjust processes to enable planning and estimation of projects and tasks and create a work environment that allows for "continuous improvement"
- Execution of a team roadmap in alignment with the company's business goals and strategy
- Facilitate decision making through close contact with management and stakeholders
- Oversee the team resources and build, develop and scale the team accordingly
- Support Jimdo in moving towards data driven decision making
- Degree in Computer Science / Data Engineering / Backend Engineering / Data Science / Data Analytics or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years of leadership experience
- At least 3 years of practical experience
- Broad knowledge and experience in either data engineering, data analytics and / or data science
- Demonstrated ability in people management and leadership
- Excellent skills in project management and organising work, such as prioritising tasks, resource planning and duration estimates
- Ability to articulate requirements and deliverables to technical and non-technical personnel
- Familiarity with agile software development methods such as Kanban, Kaizen, daily standups and agile retrospectives
- Strong communication skills for finding simple and solid solutions
- Positive attitude towards problem solving
- Obsession with automation and simplicity
- Ability to break complex problems down into manageable chunks
- Drive to get things done
- Solid spoken and written English communication skills
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org