At: Jimdo GmbH
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Position: Sr Data Scientist
Jimdo is the easiest and fastest way to create a website with no coding knowledge necessary! With a simple intuitive interface, Jimdo enables anyone to create a customized online presence with a blog, portfolio, business website or online store. Together we’ve helped our users create over 20 million websites around the world.
Jimdo has a passionate team of around 200 people in Hamburg and Tokyo. We value teamwork, openness, and mutual support. Join us if you’re looking to for a driven, enthusiastic, and diverse international team. Each of us is an expert in our field, and together we strive to achieve the best possible results for our customers.
As a Data Scientist you are part of the Product Team. Your mission is to explore large data sets and combine data analytics with programming skills in order to help identify and solve business problems through the application of computer science, mathematics and industry knowledge. Your focus will be to enhance the personalization and automation of the product through machine learning to innovate the way customers experience website building.
- Utilize and implement machine learning in order to create a customized product experience
- Understand and apply mathematical and statistical knowledge, evaluation methods and visualization techniques
- Identify business opportunities to drive growth
- Build prototypes and production quality software components
- Consult and advise stakeholders and management on business strategy and opportunities
- Stay informed and up to date with the development and events of recent scientific findings and market development
- Graduated in Statistics, Mathematics, Business Mathematics, Computer Science or a comparable degree with a quantitative focus
- Broad knowledge and experience in at least one: Tracking, A/B testing, evaluation, modelling (marketing attribution, regression, classification, recommendation, linear optimization, content analysis, search, NLP)
- Broad knowledge and experience in: Principles of relational data, data structures and databases
- Production level programming skill e.g. in Java, Python, Kotlin (or similar)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex matters to non domain experts (excellent communication skills)
- Experience with at least one Machine Learning framework and related tools (Vowpal Wabbit, Snorkel, scikit-learn, weka, H2O, TensorFlow, Keras, MXNet, etc.)
Nice to have
- Demonstrated ability to work and improve on an AWS stack (EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda and Redshift)
- Experience in a SAAS / Freemium product environment
- 4+ years of job experience in Data Science
Amanda will be happy to receive your application!