Is a Single Version of Truth Possible?
Date and time:
Wednesday, May 16, 2018
1 pm PT, 3 pm CT, 4 pm ET
Synthesis Webcast Series with Eric Kavanagh and Eckerson Group
The data warehouse promised to deliver a single version of truth. But skeptics abound, saying a single version of truth is a mirage and not necessary. Yet, how can an organization exist as a holistic entity if it doesn't have a common set of metrics and data for capturing, analyzing, and interpreting business activity?
Using our point-counterpoint approach, a team of seasoned data experts will debate the conceptual and technical feasibility of the single version of truth and come to a consensus opinion. This Socratic approach will help you understand:
- Why a single version of truth (SVOT) is still required
- When an organization can ignore the SVOT imperative
- How to balance SVOT and MVOT (multiple versions of truth) within a single analytic architecture.
- The role of data governance in a modern analytic architecture
- Host: Eric Kavanagh, CEO, The Bloor Group
- Analyst: Dewayne Washington, CIO, The Business of Intelligence
- Analyst: Stephen Smith, Practice Director, Data Science, Eckerson Group
- Guest: Elena Rowell, Product Marketing Manager, Looker