Location: Chicago, IL, Dallas, TX and Louisville, KY
Position: Principal Data Scientist/Informatics Principal
Humana uses cutting edge analytics and data science capabilities, to provide solutions that help our consumers achieve their best health. For more than 50 years Humana has been a proven leader and innovator in the health and wellness industry. A passionate emphasis on people, choice, well-being, and innovation guide our business practices and culture. We’re not just a health insurance company. Our diverse lines of business position us to serve millions of people with a wide range of needs, including seniors, military members, and self-employed individuals.
The Principal Data Scientist/Informatics Principal uses mathematics, statistics, modeling, business analysis, and technology to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions. This opportunity provides strategic advice and guidance to functional team(s). The Principal Data Scientist/ Informatics Principal coordinates with other analytics, IT and business areas across the organization to ensure work is completed with insights from knowledge SMEs. You’ll provide strategic advice and guidance to functional team(s). Highly skilled with broad, advanced technical and data science experience.
- Bachelor's Degree and 10+ years technical experience OR Master’s Degree and 6+ years technical experience
- 2+ years project and/or people leadership experience
- Extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative and qualitative approaches. Specifically, demonstrated practical experience in building end to end data science solutions and applying machine learning methods to real world problems.
- Experience with providing strategic advice and guidance to functional teams in a collaborative fashion; working alongside other analytic individuals and teams
- Experience in developing, maintaining, and collecting structured and unstructured data sets for analysis and reporting
- Ability to advise one or more areas, programs or functions
- Ability to work at very high levels in multiple knowledge and functional areas across the enterprise
- Experience mentoring, leading and growing junior talent
- Experience with disrupting or leading a wave of change in their industry
- Successful demonstrated experience in working with senior executives to develop and drive segment or enterprise-wide functional strategies
To learn more about the opportunities and apply, please visit our website
Or Contact Audra Finney, firstname.lastname@example.org