At: Crystal Dynamics
Location: Redwood City, CA
Position: Data Scientist
What we’re looking for:
Crystal Dynamics is actively looking for an experienced and motivated Data Scientist to join our team.
The Data Scientist will work alongside Production, Marketing, Community, and Engineering to deliver advanced analytics. The Data Scientist will be responsible with using big data, machine learning tools, and visualization techniques to find consistent patterns and correlations that will help drive our KPIs with respect to player acquisition, retention and e-commerce.
The ideal candidate should have a security mindset. This candidate should be able to leverage various statistical, AI, and machine learning methods to detect fraudulent behavior and anomalies.
- Analyze large data sets to identify behavior trends among users using quantitative, statistical and machine learning techniques.
- Drive analysis and insight to help build predictive models, tools and processes to support production goals of player acquisition, retention and e-commerce.
- Collaborate with Production and Engineering on operational performance analysis, product requirements, monitoring and launch support.
- Define KPIs, build dashboards, reports on chosen platforms.
- Manage and own platform user data and act as subject matter expert on relevant KPI-s.
- Respond to operational needs by providing analytical support.
- 5+ years of experience in business or data analysis with experience from identity, e-commerce, online payments, or gaming industry.
- Bachelor’s degree required in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Operations Research, Computer Science
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to interpret and manipulate large structured data to develop recommendations and analysis.
- Proficiency with SQL, tools such as Tableau, and other statistical/reporting packages.
- Proficiency with one of coding language, such as Python or Java.
- Spark experience is a plus.
- Self-motivated, work well both independently and as part of an agile team.
- Master’s degree required in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Operations Research, Computer Science
- Preferred experience with console development for current platforms
- Have a clear understanding of Big Data tools mainly being Splunk, Hadoop, and Spark
- Experience with Visualization tools and platforms.
Crystal Dynamics is an EOE and M/F/D/V employer.