At: Charles River Analytics
Location: Cambridge, MA
Position: Software Engineer
Charles River Analytics is a 100% employee-owned small business that researches and develops novel software to tackle complex challenges for our US Government and commercial customers. We pride ourselves in our ability to apply current and emerging artificial intelligence (AI) techniques that not only solve real-world problems but keep our scientists and engineers engaged.
We are looking for a junior to mid-level Software Engineer that loves to write clean and concise code that gets the job done. We need your ability to research and apply the latest and greatest techniques and technologies to exciting problems. If you enjoy attending local meetups or conferences and applying what you have learned in your everyday job, then Charles River is the place for you.
You will work in a small, tightly-knit team of engineers implementing highly-concurrent and distributed applications written primarily in Scala and/or Java. Projects will range from Fast Data analytics, Big Data processing, program analysis, probabilistic reasoning, machine learning, information fusion, natural language processing, cybersecurity, and web applications. As a Software Engineer in Decision Management Systems, you will collaborate in teams of scientists and software developers to translate research concepts into software implementations. At Charles River Analytics, we foster an environment where everyone is free to pursue their own research interests and are supported by a community of bright, enthusiastic individuals to help them thrive.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field with at least 2 years of professional software development experience
- Working knowledge of object-oriented principles and design patterns
- Experience with languages such as Java, Scala, or C/C++ and a mastery of at least one
- Experience with algorithm design and development used in real-world, deployed systems
- Experience deploying software using packages, containers, or virtual machines
- Superior creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Keen to learn more about new languages and frameworks
- U.S. Citizenship
- An advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or concentration in artificial intelligence
- Experience with Fast or Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka or Elasticsearch
- Experience with programming language design or program analysis techniques
- Experience with Docker, Puppet, or Ansible
- Experience with other languages like Python, R or Julia
- Experience developing or implementing solutions using statistics, machine learning, natural language processing, search and optimization, or algorithms from related research areas
- Experience working on many projects of various sizes, individually and as part of a team
- Demonstration of code samples (e.g., GitHub, GitLab, work sample assignment response)
Charles River Analytics offers competitive compensation plus bonus and profit-sharing, with an attractive benefits package including: up to 92% employer-paid medical and 100% employer-paid dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid maternity/paternity leave, tuition reimbursement, monthly gym allowance, free parking, generous paid time off, and a casual environment. We are also accessible by public transportation.