At: Charles River Analytics
Location: Cambridge, MA
Position: Software Engineer II - React.js Developer for Streaming Data Visualization
This is an excellent opportunity for a React.js developer to join a top-notch team of software engineers and data scientists developing web-based solutions for both DoD and commercial customers.
The project is targeted at developing advanced 2D and 3D visualizations running on a streaming data platform using the ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) stack with React on the front-end. You will work closely with scientists, software engineers, and subject matter experts, using modern web and mobile frameworks, to develop cutting edge information visualizations and user interfaces.
- U.S. Citizenship
- 1+ years of development using React, Redux, and Node.js stack
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering (or other related field) or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years of professional software development experience, ideally with exposure to the full software development lifecycle
- Proven ability to translate designer mock-ups and wireframes into front-end code
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and system design.
- Unit testing with Jest
- Version control with GitHub
- Familiarity with API Creation and RESTful services
- Willingness to travel to support customer- and training-related events
Desired, but not required:
- Working knowledge of 3D modeling, 3D engine design, or real-time rendering (WebGL, Three.js)
- Experience with mapping and GIS technologies (e.g. Cesium, OpenLayers, Web-GIS)
- Familiarity with the aerospace and geospatial fields
Charles River Analytics offers competitive compensation plus bonus and profit-sharing, with an attractive benefits package including: up to 92% employer-paid medical and 100% employer-paid dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid maternity/paternity leave, tuition reimbursement, monthly gym allowance, free parking, generous paid time off, and a casual environment. We are also accessible by public transportation.