At: Charles River Analytics
Location: Cambridge, MA
Position: Software Engineer - Human Machine Interface Design
This is an excellent opportunity for a Software Engineer with experience in User Interface/User Experience, automation design, and Human Machine Interface (HMI) design to join a top-notch team of software engineers and scientists designing and developing user-centered web-based and desktop applications for both DoD and commercial customers.
You will work closely with small teams of scientists, software engineers, and subject matter experts, using modern technologies, to design and develop cutting edge information visualizations, human automation teaming methodologies, and novel display interfaces. Your ability to produce thoughtful interface designs should be matched by your ability to implement those designs in software. Grounding your design concepts in terms of engineering feasibility, ideal technology selection, optimization, and other implementation level details is a crucial responsibility for this position.
Please include a link to your portfolio and/or code samples by using the Web Site field in the job application below.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Human Factors (or other related field) or equivalent work experience
- Previous software development/UI design experience, ideally with exposure to the full software design/development lifecycle
- Experience with design tools such as Illustrator, OmniGraffle, Sketch, Axure, etc.
- Ability to translate formal design mock-ups and wireframes into front-end code
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and system design.
- Modern web-development experience
- Fluent in an Object Oriented programming language such as Java, C++, or C#
- Version control using Git
- Solid written and verbal communication skills as presenting to customers and contributing to deliverables is expected
- Willingness to travel to support customer- and training-related events
Desired, but not required:
- 2+ years of professional development experience
- Combined major/minor degrees of Computer Science and related field, such as Human Factors, Cognitive Systems Engineering, Engineering Psychology, Human Computer Interaction
- Strong visual design and graphic design sensitives
- Ability to perform research activities (e.g., literature reviews, product surveys)
- Experience supporting or leading formal requirements analysis and/or evaluations
- Unity experience
- Experience with Agile/Scrum process and/or project management techniques
- Strong writing skills as contributing to technical and scientific proposals may be required
Charles River Analytics offers competitive compensation plus bonus and profit-sharing, with an attractive benefits package including: up to 92% employer-paid medical and 100% employer-paid dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid maternity/paternity leave, tuition reimbursement, monthly gym allowance, free parking, generous paid time off, and a casual environment. We are also accessible by public transportation.