At: Analysis Group
Location: Boston, MA
Position: Data Scientist
Analysis Group is one of the largest economics consulting firms, with more than 850 professionals across 14 offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. Since 1981, we have provided expertise in economics, finance, health care analytics, and strategy to top law firms, Fortune Global 500 companies, and government agencies worldwide. Our internal experts, together with our network of affiliated experts from academia, industry, and government, offer our clients exceptional breadth and depth of expertise.
We are currently seeking a Data Scientist to join our team. The ideal candidate should be passionate about working on cutting edge research and analytical services for Fortune 500 companies, global pharma/biotech firms and leaders in industries such as finance, energy and life sciences. The Data Scientist will be a contributing member to client engagements and have the opportunity to work with our network of world-class experts and thought leaders.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
The candidate Data Scientist will help develop, maintain and teach new tools and methodologies related to data science and high performance computing. This position will also help Analysis Group in maintaining our leadership position in terms of advancing methodology and data analytics. The Data Scientist will be responsible for staying abreast of new developments in technology relating to data science, to share more broadly with Analysis Group.
Key responsibilities for this position will include:
- Working with project teams to address data science/computing challenges
- Identifying opportunities for technology to enhance service offerings
- Acting as a resource and participating in client engagements and research as part of the project team
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of computing tools, providing technical training and helping to grow the in-house knowledge base, specifically in a Linux environment
- Presenting research at selected conferences
Examples of activities for the Data Scientist will include:
- Optimizing procedures for managing and accessing large databases (e.g., insurance claims, electronic health records, financial transactions)
- Creating interactive analytics portals and data visualizations (e.g., using R/Shiny, Python/Flask, D3)
- Building and maintaining high performance computing (HPC) tools on grid and cloud computing environments
- Developing and reviewing macros and packages in SAS, R, Python and other Object Oriented Languages
- Establishing optimized procedures for repetitive or computationally intensive tasks (C, C++, Cuda-C)
- Using natural language processing methodologies to work with EMR data, social media data and other unstructured data
- Strong credentials and experience in database management and data visualization
- Significant experience working within a Linux environment required
- Background in Statistics/Econometrics or Biostatistics
- Ideally PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or other relevant scientific degree with relevant experience. Other candidates with at least one year of experience in the field may also be considered
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project experience with R and/or SAS
- Familiar with online/cloud computing/storage (e.g., AWS)
- Demonstrated experience working on project teams and collaborating with others
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)