Location: Burlington, MA
Position: SAS Administrator
We’re hiring! We’re looking for a SAS Administrator who will join our growing consulting practice. Why come work for us, you ask? We have great clients, a dynamic growth environment, and there's opportunity to innovate at the intersection of digital and big data! This position is open to remote work.
89 Degrees is a leading provider of customer engagement services and technology products designed to enable greater analytic insight and higher marketing ROI. As a SAS partner organization, we leverage SAS applications heavily for the business intelligence, analytics, data quality, predictive intelligence, and campaign automation solutions we deliver for our clients.
We’re seeking a SAS Administrator who will be responsible for the architecture, implementation and support of our enterprise-scale SAS environments hosted within 89 Degrees’ data center or in the Cloud. The ideal candidate will possess a thorough understanding of the SAS Intelligence platform architecture and will have likely had at least some experience administering either the SAS Customer Intelligence, Visual Analytics, or Grid platform applications in a high-availability setting.
- Responsible for the overall availability of the SAS tools and software environments.
- Provides support for multiple SAS clusters for development, QA, production, and disaster recovery.
- Performs SAS software administration; including software configuration, updates, patches, and hotfixes and license renewals as needed on Linux / Redhat (RHEL) platforms.
- Provides SAS Platform capacity planning, metrics and performance tuning recommendations.
- Executes actions necessary to achieve and maintain optimum SAS platform performance, reliability and availability.
- Identifies bottlenecks in production systems and provide solutions.
- Designs, implements, and maintains platform security via SAS Metadata, Linux operating systems, LDAP/Active Directory, and data warehousing environments.
- Manage metadata identities, users, groups, and roles.
- Uses SAS Management Console to define connections to data sources, define libraries, and create metadata objects and folder structures
- Manages permissions to metadata objects.
- Configures and tests communication between SAS and multiple relational databases.
- Acts as a SAS subject matter expert and liaison to SAS users and IT.
- Serves as an escalation point for production and/or platform issues and acts as lead liaison with SAS Technical Support to resolve outstanding issues within the SAS environments.
- Collaborates with storage, server, LDAP, database and other IT administrators to support ongoing operations for meeting the business needs via the SAS environment.
- Creates policies and procedures and updates documentation to meet compliance requirements.
- Provides on call production support through a rotation schedule.
- 2 years or more experience as a SAS Administrator with an in-depth understanding of the SAS 9.x Intelligence platform architecture (preferably SAS 9.4) metadata server, application server, web server, web application server, stored process server in a multi-tiered environment.
- Excellent knowledge of SAS Metadata Management console and all components including Server management, User Management, Library management etc.
- Good Linux/RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) system administration knowledge is required.
- Detailed knowledge of SAS platform security, performance, server design, cross-platform architecture, system backup, recovery and storage administration.
- Ability to implement and manage automated monitoring solutions for SAS Platforms to ensure SLAs are maintained.
- Good understanding of data center infrastructure technologies, especially storage (SAN, NAS, RAID, filesystems, etc.).
- Experience with virtualization concepts and techniques.
- Familiar with Base and Macro SAS programming
- Proficient with Linux shell scripting.
- Experience integrating SAS with data warehouse environments running on a database such as Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Hadoop (Hortonworks or Cloudera) Amazon RedShift, Oracle, or SPDS.
- Good oral and written communications, interpersonal, and organizational skills required.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, information systems information technology, or similar degree.
- Priority given to candidates with experience administering one or more applications that are part of the SAS Customer Intelligence platform, such as SAS Marketing Automation (SAS MA), SAS Marketing Optimization (SAS MO), SAS Real-Time Decision Manager (RTDM).
- Experience with the installation and maintenance of SAS in complex environments such as High Availability (multiple machine, multi-tiered environment), SAS Grid computing, SPD Server (SPDS), Hadoop, and In-memory processing.
- Experience with SAS Visual Analytics administration.
- SAS Certified Platform Administrator Certification or equivalent.
- Experience with cloud-based environments, especially Amazon Web Services.
- Base SAS and Advanced SAS Certification.
- Experience with IT automation and DevOps approaches using tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Experience working with the enterprise service management ITIL processes (Service, Incidents, Changes, Configuration items).
What we offer:
Here at 89 Degrees we believe our employees are an asset to our company and value their talent and contributions. If you're looking to learn from some of the most talented individuals in the industry and career advancement opportunities then look no further. We're an employee friendly company that promotes a casual and comfortable environment. We offer competitive compensation packages including excellent performance incentives! Visit our website www.89degrees.com for more information on what our company has to offer.
Check us out on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn!