By Gregory Piatetsky, KDnuggets.
What software you used for Analytics, data Mining, data Science, Machine Learning projects in the past 12 months?
Please vote below.
We tried to include the most popular tools and platforms, while keeping the total number of choices under 90.
The tools are organized in 4 sections, with tools alphabetical in each section.
- data Science/Machine Learning platforms,
- Languages (including R and Python),
- Deep Learning tools
Combining these different types of tools in one poll is somewhat messy, but it allows interesting association analysis afterwards, such as Emerging Ecosystem: data Science and Machine Learning Software, Analyzed.
This is the 19th such KDnuggets Poll, and several of the past polls suffered from excessive voting from some vendors. It is fine for vendors to ask their users to vote, but it is not OK to set up bot voting or direct link to vote for just one tool.
To reduce excessive and bot voting, this poll asks for an email verification (*).
Whatever other irregular voting we find, will be removed from final results, and we will publish the anonymized voter logs after the poll, so that anyone can analyze them.
We hope our analysis of this poll, trends, and results will useful, as they were in the past.
Here are the results of past KDnuggets Analytics, data Mining, data Science Software polls
- New Leader, Trends, and Surprises in Analytics, data Science, Machine Learning Software Poll, 2017
- R, Python Duel As Top Analytics, data Science software - Software Poll Results, 2016
- R leads RapidMiner, Python catches up, Big data tools grow, Spark ignites, 2015
- RapidMiner Continues To Lead, 2014
- RapidMiner and R vie for first place, 2013
- KDnuggets 2012 Poll: Analytics, data mining, Big data software used
- KDnuggets 2011 Poll: data Mining/Analytic Tools Used
- KDnuggets 2010 Poll: data Mining / Analytic Tools Used
- KDnuggets 2009 Poll: data Mining Tools Used
- KDnuggets 2008 Poll: data Mining Software Used
- KDnuggets 2007 Poll: data Mining/Analytics Software Tools
(*) Voters not already subscribed to KDnuggets News will receive an automatic subscription to our coverage of interesting opinions, useful tutorials, and other stories in AI, Analytics, data Science, Machine Learning, but those who don't like it, can easily unsub with one click.