Our friends over at Progress revealed some new findings from their 2017 Data Connectivity Outlook global survey. In the 4th annual survey based on responses from 1,200 business and IT professionals around the world, the results validate the explosive growth seen in SaaS data sources and the common challenges faced when trying to connect to data in a hybrid environment. Some of the main findings from the survey include:
- Big Data adoption increased from 50% to 61%
- SaaS adoption increased from 62% to 79% since last year
- Hadoop Hive is the most popular big data interface and is expected to grow 8% in the next two years
- More than 50% use NoSQL, with MongoDB being the most popular
- The number one integration challenge is an increasing number of data sources
- Almost 100% use data access standards, and adoption is increasin
- OData, the industry standard REST API, is growing in popularity
- 63% use reporting and analytics tools, giving rise to open analytics
- More than 66% must comply with data protection laws
Download the complete report HERE.
Sign up for the free insideBIGDATA newsletter.